The following text will outline our expectations from you as a player, and valued member of our community. These rules have been custom-tailored to meet our community, staff and server needs; to ultimately allow BattleGuns to reach its full potential.
With this new set of guidelines we seek to empower you, the player, to have the ability to create a memorable role play experience, without having to worry about becoming entangled in a web of complex rules and stipulations.
The rules apply to all our life game types and should be your first stop when trying to judge whether you are playing the game appropriately. The key to a successful gaming experience is role play. Enjoy.
Whether you are a guest on our server, or a long-term member, we expect you to treat others with respect.
We expect you to listen to, and heed the advice of our staff.
Our aim is to create a fun atmosphere.
In order to achieve this goal, all players must contribute to role play.
This set of rules is extremely relaxed because we believe that the player should ultimately decide what is, and is not, possible. There’s one more thing…
3 Common sense
Many of the rules will appear to lack detail, this is because there are things that do not need to be said.
Use common sense on our server, or suffer the consequences.
Civilians should not run into the street, police should not use lethal force out of boredom, and ESU should not get involved in chases.
It is all relatively simple. Let’s begin.
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE
TEAMSPEAK CHANNEL POPULATION
TO YOUR ADVANTAGE... EVER...
Definition of Deathmatching VDM and RDM
- Death matching is killing without reason. For example, looking for cops to kill just to kill them, or if a civ kills another civ for no legitimate reason.
Civs and cops should only get into firefights for reasons relating to crimes.
- Terrorism is not an excuse for Death matching
- Remember that although sometimes your death may seem like a deathmatch, there may be a legitimate role-play reason or mistake behind it.
ALWAYS talk to the person who killed you before consulting an admin.
- Vehicle to Vehicle ramming of unknown civilians without cause is equivalent to deathmatching.
- Wanted civs may of course ram police vehicles
- It is not deathmatching to intentionally vehicle to vehicle ram a member of another gang.
If it isn't within roleplay, you can’t do it.
The Rules (Guidelines)
Server staff will always have the final word regarding any issue.
Limit the use of VoN in GLOBAL.
Use the basic principles of common sense and common courtesy.
Always contribute to role play in whatever capacity you can.
Do not hack, cheat, exploit or glitch; these are all punishable up to a permanent ban.
Saving a vehicle, after being pulled over or pursued by cops, will result in a ban.
Glitching into a closed house or closed property will result in a ban.
While we promote freedom of action and speech, you may not:
o Promote or advertise other servers.
o Use racist terminology.
Seek creative ways to fix or address things in-game that you do not like.
If you are interested in creating a role playing scenario, speak to an administrator for funding (IL GRANT).
NO CRIME is allowed in the green zone, this does not mean you can't be arrested in the green zone.
Assuming that rules used on other life servers are applicable or appropriate on this server can easily lead to rule conflict, role play mistakes and ultimately in game confusion and conflict.
RE logging to get your stuff back is highly against the rules and is considered glitching which the result is a BAN
2. New Life Rule (NLR)
As a general rule, upon death, you start with a clean slate.
Committing suicide does not activate the new life rule.
In the event of murder, the NLR DOES NOT APPLY if you die, unless by killed by a cop or arrested by a cop.
Constantly running from the police to give the impression or guilt or just to run for the fun of it, will result your vehicle qualifying for the car crush program (CCP) and a MANDATORY 25 minute jail sentence.
Do not kill a person without valid reason. (Think, will an [Admin] think it's a good reason?)
Create role play to prevent being accused of "deathmatching" before the event, not after.
If you deathmatch, your victim may lawfully seek revenge, this may include a kick or a ban.
e.g. At a normal police vehicle stop, it is NOT appropriate RP to exit your vehicle and kill the officer; this is RDM.
"HIT-MAN/ASSASSINATION" to be a hit-man or assassin You must have the license and the minimum fee of 300,000 dollars. This keeps it at very high level, and reduces the ideal of deathmatching. For a police officer, the minimum fee is 600,000. There are no exceptions.
Any act feasible in real life, and within server rules, may be committed.
o This includes, but is not limited to, civilians being in cop base
§Cops may arrest civilians if they are a nuisance or .
oCivilians may steal police weapons.
§It is up to the police to prevent this from happening.
Stealing vehicles immediately after spawn is not allowed.
o Reminder NO CRIME in the green zone.
Civilians should comply with police if engaged in a traffic stop.
oIf not, create role play and lead the police on a chase but remember, this may lead to a fine, imprisonment or accidental death, vehicle destruction and loss of gear.
Civilians may be informants for police, and vice versa as part of role play.
o CIV Informants may not sit in the cop TeamSpeak 3 channel and COP informants cannot sit in CIV TeamSpeak 3 channel to communicate.
- Civilians are the main role play creators on the server
- Civilians are encouraged to conduct any number of in-game options to create role play
o Starting gangs
o Causing crime
o Taking player/ai hostages
- Gangs are at war by default
- Gang members may kill anyone who trespasses in their gang area
- Gangs may also be used to create role play governments and businesses
o i.e. "Emita City Council”
o or "Hoffman’s Bank Loans”
- Terrorism involves conducting a coordinated attack against locations of strategic importance, or valuable public figures.
- Declaring "Terror" on a faction such as "Cops" is NOT acceptable role play.
- Terrorist attacks MUST involve role play, this includes public declaration and formation of a gang to demonstrate your intentions. Only with these elements is "Terror" allowable.
- The governor may adjust any law, so long as it does not blatantly break a server rule.
- The governor may declare his reign a dictatorship.
o It is up to the police and civilians to stop / prevent this from occurring
- The governor should not participate in illegal activities.
o This is allowable if it is for the sake of role play
- The governor should contribute to role play.
o i.e. Giving speeches, visiting oil refineries, etc.
- The governor is allowed to be in a gang.
o This may be a criminal gang, or a creatively named one such as "The Obama Administration”
ANYONE can vote for the governor! (The governor cannot be ESU or COP),
i.e. The Governor MUST be a CIV.
The Governor may pardon his bodyguards for crimes committed while performing their duties as his bodyguards, during his administration.
Only one illegal activity may be legalized at a time and only one legal activity may be made illegal at a time.
The Governor may NOT fire a cop. Only the Internal Affairs Officer may fire a police officer.
- Police are responsible for upholding Emita’s laws.
All Police are required to join and be actively communicating in the appropriate teamspeak channel. Our TeamSpeak is TS3.BATTLEGUNS.NET
- Police should follow all laws.
- Police should always use good judgment and maintain a calm demeanor.
- Police should NEVER shoot someone unless being faced with death.
o If an enemy has a gun, the officer should attempt to have the suspect drop the weapon.
- Cops should call ESU to impound all vehicles used in crimes or found on the side of the roads.
ONLY the IA officer may actually fire another officer from their position as a cop (unless an [Admin] states otherwise.)
- Killing the hostage to end the hostage mission is not acceptable RP and will result in a 1 day ban for the offending cop, repeating offenders will result in a permanent ban.
Police should carry a non-lethal weapon for role playing purposes.
Police should leave long rifles and other weapons that are unable to be holstered in their cruiser.
Weapons used in crimes MUST be taken as evidence.
Buying police weapons and using them once switched to playing as a civilian is not allowed.
11 Traffic Stops and Pursuits
Police should carry a non-lethal weapon for role playing purposes.
Police should not use lethal during the course of a pursuit.
o It is preferred that police use ramming, roadblocks and spike-strips to safely apprehend the suspect.
Police should not search a player’s vehicle or person during a traffic stop.
Police officers must always role play a traffic stop scenario.
12. Searching and Restraining
Police are not allowed to randomly search civilians.
Police should not search during a traffic stop, UNLESS they have probable cause.
(This does not mean for any little reason. You must have a solid defendable reason that they might have something concealed.
Police may restrain a civilian any time they feel the player is a danger to themselves or others, or a hindrance stopping you from performing your duties.
Police officers should only use weapons purchasable at the police base.
Police officers should only use weapons that are appropriate for your specific duty.
It is the responsibility of Internal Affairs (IAs) to police the police; Internal Affairs may punish any officer using non-specific weapons, including, but not limited to dismissal from the police force.
Police should arrest civilians for committing crimes, severe traffic violations, or obstructing an officer while trying to perform their duties.
Imprisonment times are set by the arresting officer and are subject to their discretion (in-line with server guidelines).
o GUIDELINE: Murder is punishable by 5 minutes in jail, plus 2 minutes per additional murder i.e. 3 murders equals 9 minutes jail time. N.B. cop killing is 4 minutes per cop max 10 minutes.
14. SWAT and Sheriffs Deputies
SWAT units must obtain special training.
SWAT units may not patrol the streets of Emita
o They must sit at base and wait for a call, e.g. bank alarm, armed robbery, hostage taking etc.
Sheriff's deputies have primary jurisdiction over the rural areas of Emita
o Police operating in these areas must listen to, and follow the Sheriff's orders.
The Police Chief must organize his forces.
o The Police Chief should assign squads and patrol routes
o The Police Chief can apply the "Criminal Car Crush Program" (CCCP). This maybe applied if a criminal has a tendency to run from the police.
The Police Chief must deal with all public relations and misconduct within his force.
Police corruption is allowable if it involves role play.
Internal Affairs officers must identify and punish corrupt police officers. Officers are generally punished 2x more harshly than civilians.
ESU must respond to all calls (unless they have chosen to boycott a specific player or group).
ESU members should not be killed, robbed or taken hostage.
o Only in extreme cases of role play does an exception exist, or in gang areas
ESU players must not commit any crimes, no exceptions.
ESU player are to remainimpartial, and may not have any non-professional contact with the police or gang members.
ESU are not supposed to have any weapons of any sort.
- Speed limits are 60 inside of town, and 90 outside of town (+/- 50%).
- Silenced weapons are illegal for any player to own.
- Drivers must yield to police/ESU lights and sirens.
- It is against the law to have an unlowered weapon in public.
- It is against the law to discharge a weapon in public.
- It is against the law to obstruct a police officer in the course of their duty.
There are many more laws
that are incorporated into the game
and do not, and should not need to be listed.
- Do not troll or pester players, especially police officers.
o Administrators will not be sympathetic if you push someone over the edge
- If you are wanted, it is not role playing to shoot every police officer you see.
o An example of role play is to attempt to hide, lead the police on a manhunt or initiate police pursuits, etc.
- Police officers should not carry visible weapons on them.
- Do not enter the governor’s compounds, or disobey orders from his guards.
- Do not immediately take minor issues to staff. Attempt to resolve it in game, through working out a deal or using role-play to get revenge.
- Do not ask for comp from administrators, unless it is for a valid reason.
- Do not whine, grief or complain.
- ALL of these are subject to change. Make sure check these rules regularly.