1. Subscribe to Bohemianeagles youtube channel and watch some of his tip videos.
2. If you end up in a game with Jets hit the deck stay low, most of the morons don't know where throttle control is or can't fly for that matter and will crater if they come after you.
3. Combat Flaps use them hit "F" in the air with gear up, hit it just as entering combat, you will thank me for this.
4. Bombers 6000 feet seems to be the spot most enemies cant see you "most", don't try this unless you are comfortable bombing, especially moving targets.
5. When bombing moving targets bomb from their rear in the direction they are moving you will increase your chance to hit, remember to lead them.
6. IMPORTANT... Increase your repair rank (not repair speed) to the level of the aircraft in that slot this removes penalties for skills on that tab. ie. Level 4 Hien in that slot ... repair rank must be equal to or greater than 4.
7. IMPORTANT... Increase repair speed this lowers the amount of time it takes to repair in battle and also lowers your free repair speed.
8. IMPORTANT... Turn off auto repair, this and 7 above are very important if you want to maximize your cash flow. (in the planes tooltip you will see a time to repair for free, in the beginning it is high but is lowered by increasing 7)
a. Your logging off for the night or whatever, let them repair while your offline
b. Go play other countries while they repair
c. don't use that plane needing expensive repairs for awhile and use your cheapies if you have a bad streak and are losing money.
you get the picture...
9. Make yourself a money making line up that stays mid teir and get good with those aircraft use them to level crews and finance higher tier planes.
This is mine no aircraft over 6 that keeps me mid tier without running into jets or other high tier planes.
10. If you buy gold airplanes pay attention to the bonuses not all gold aircraft are created equal.
11. Serious cash to be made in historical battles, especially if you have a gold plane with good bonuses, hang back and wait till rushers engage then jump in and try and get a couple of kills, nail some ground targets for giggles. cha ching.... big warning matchmaking is turned off presently in historical and you don't have the instructor helping you fly like in arcade battles, serious money to be made here if you get good at it.
12. Patience pays off let everyone else run off into the fray hang back and pick your victims, find the guy running off solo and light him up.
13. Run back and repair if your damaged stay in the fight as long as you can. (bulletproof achievement is sexy)
14. If you run out of planes sit and watch to end, the on hand achievement is 2000 xp.
15. Beware of troll reserve planes, maxed out crews with upgrades.